I have time for one last post before I leave to get on the train. I'd call this trip a qualified success. It was disappointing in that I used my grant money to find stuff I already knew was there. But I also ventured into another library on the same campus where they have tons of relevant documents collected by the woman I am studying. I still have some grant money left, and I want to come back to use it at the second library. But that doesn't seem right.
My brown bag talk went well. I'd worried so much about what I could possibly say and figured I'd have to do an air-guitar solo in order to distract them from my failure to find much at their library. But I spent most of my time reading from some of the documents I did find, which they thought were really interesting. They asked a few questions and that was it.
My one big extracurricular activity was a trip to the Marimekko store, where I splurged on a jacket. When I say "splurged" I mean "spent more money on one garment than I ever have before." I was in doubt about the fit. It's a size 38, which nowadays is usually too small for me, but it was a little roomy in the shoulders. I asked if it was possible to get it tailored and sadly because of the way it's lined it would be impossible. Also, it's a cotton jacket, meaning it's totally out of season, and I won't be able to wear it until May, maybe. But it was so, so cute! I mean overwhelmingly cute. Hopefully they will get its Finnish style back in Cheeseville.
OK, it's time to go. Hopefully the train won't take an extra three hours this time.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment