Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A decent proposal

I'm close to finishing the first draft of my proposal. And a drafty draft it is! I'm not quite sure the methodology matches up with the research questions. I don't know whether I got a lot of stuff in the lit review right. Heck, I don't really know what's in some of the archives I'm going to list. I think this is OK, because the all the good stuff I've found in archives so far has been in random collections. I almost wrote off the diaries of the girl with soldiers when I first read them because she wasn't like, "I am a tomboy, this is what I think about being a tomboy," etc. So I figure it's OK to fudge some of the sources part. It's not a brilliant proposal; it's a decent proposal. I'm sure I'll have to rewrite it anyway to please my eclectic committee. That's why it's called a draft: you can feel the air whooshing through all the holes in it. Here's hoping it's done by Friday so my committee can spend all Labor Day weekend reading it!

No comments: